Some stuff I’ve come across recently and found interesting some way or another:
- How Initialized Investor Garry Tan Turned A $300,000 Bet On Coinbase Into A $680 Million ‘Golden Ticket’ (Forbes) That’s quite an investment return!
- Is The tp-link Omada SDN platform A UniFi Alternative? (Lawrence Systems on YouTube) a good look the UniFi clone that TP-Link is shipping
- When the Techies Took Over Tahoe (Outside) a good read about the impacts of the COVID-inspired migration of Bay Area workers to Tahoe.
- Trapped on Technology’s Trailing Edge (IEEE Spectrum) the costs and pains associated with the military relying on severely outdated technology
- Alternate Inflation Charts (Shadow Government Statistics) if you’ve thought the official government numbers on inflation, unemployment, etc. aren’t telling the whole story… this might be for you.
- Man dies after bear mauling near West Yellowstone (East Idaho News) Ouch!
- Suspected poacher trampled to death by elephants in South Africa (CNN) karma, bitch!
- Help, I’m Obsessed with Chiropractors on Instagram (Outside) I admit to having fallen down the rabbit hole of Chiropractors on YouTube a few times.
- New COVID Variants Have Changed the Game, and Vaccines Will Not Be Enough (SciTechDaily) It’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out.
- Elon Musk’s Satellite Internet Project Is Too Risky, Rivals Say (Wall Street Journal) Of course they say that.
That’s it for now!