In the fall of 2016, we completed our search for a larger, faster, comfortable traveling airplane and purchased N200TE, a 1986 A36 Beechcraft Bonanza with lots of upgrades.
In particular, the previous owner had installed the following:
- Tornado Alley Turbo (TAT) engine modification
- Tornado Alley Oxygen System
- Osbourne Tip Tanks (20 gallons per side)
- Garmin G500 Primary Flight Display & Multi-function Flight Display
- XM weather
- Garmin 530/430 GPS COMs
- Garmin GTX327 transponder
Since then we’ve also upgraded the GPS COM units and transponder to be 2020 ADS-B compliant and removed the vacuum system, installing a Garmin GAD43e in place of the KI-256 attitude system.
- Garmin GTN 750 GPS COM
- Garmin GTN 650 GPS COM
- Garmin GTX 345 Transponder
- Garmin FlightStream 510
- Garmin GAD43e
- Sandia Quattro standby
It’s first annual included a bit of extra maintenance (they always do!) but we’re looking forward to taking her on several trips in the Summer of 2017!