- RT @esquevin: @jzawodn @antirez Windows bitboost.com/pawsense/ Mac catnip.en.softonic.com/mac but nothing for linux :/ said 1 day ago
- I could really use a cross-platform app that detects the presence of a cat on the keyboard and filters input until he's moved along... said 1 day ago
- @iankennedy zip: 95321 (Groveland, CA) elevation 2,800ish said 3 days ago
- 5" of snow this morning... said 3 days ago
- Time to find out if AppleCare things swapping the mobo in my MacBook Pro again will fix the GPU fail. said 3 days ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I recently found myself shuffling computers around a bit. And since it’s useful to have a functional Windows box on hand, I installed Windows 7 on an older desktop in my office. (Installing from an original Win7 DVD was entertaining–the … Continue reading
Shot from the Pine Mountain Lake Marina earlier today (August 22nd). The next photo is a picture of a plume that blew up east of Pine Mountain Lake Airport.
Ten years from now a “college education” is going to look radically different from when I went to school. And I think that’s a good thing, especially when you consider the skyrocketing costs of “higher education” and the miserable job … Continue reading
In the last year or so, I’ve been working to reduce my computer inventory so that I spend less time administering things and more time actually using them. As part of that, Kathleen and I recently got new iPads (the … Continue reading
I’m happy to see that the vacuum created by O’Reilly Media dropping the annual MySQL Conference has been filled by the good people at Percona in the form of the Percona MySQL Conference, which is in Santa Clara from April 10-12th. I’ll … Continue reading
Reading There’s no shame in code that is simply “good enough” (and the discussion on hacker news), I find myself strongly agreeing. I have this system I built about 3 years ago at craigslist. Since then it has been extended … Continue reading
Shot just south of Morro Bay, California.
I’ve recently become annoyed at myself for not making time to blog more. It’s so easy to get distracted by other things or just waste time. The reality is that I get a lot out of blogging, but I need … Continue reading
In Ubuntu 10.10 on the Lenovo Thinkpad T401s, I wrote about my new work laptop and how happy I was to have it. Oh, how times have changed! TL;DR There seem to be some funky kernel/driver issues in recent kernels … Continue reading