- I've been working on the #craigslist team for 6 years now. How time flies! said 1 day ago
- RT @sfmysql: Join @jzawodn as he talks "real-time search infrastructure & architecture at craigslist" Tue Aug 26th s.sfmysql.org/aug2014 #… said 5 days ago
- you know it's friday when we create a #yo channel on our IRC server at work... said 5 days ago
- @herf I can't stomach the outbound bandwidth requirements for dropcam. I'd rather keep it on my own server at home. sigh. said 1 week ago
- has anyone created an open source alternative to DropCam yet? one where you stream your own server w/out a subscription service? said 1 week ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
There’s been a lot of talk lately about adding various “smarts” to our everyday durable goods: things like refrigerators, cars, TVs, dishwashers, etc. You know, the kind of things you only buy every 10-15 years or when they’ve become too … Continue reading
A couple days ago I was informed that the Facebook app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 wanted to update. But it needed me to agree to some additional permissions for the app. I clicked the button to see what they … Continue reading
I recently found myself shuffling computers around a bit. And since it’s useful to have a functional Windows box on hand, I installed Windows 7 on an older desktop in my office. (Installing from an original Win7 DVD was entertaining–the … Continue reading
Shot from the Pine Mountain Lake Marina earlier today (August 22nd). The next photo is a picture of a plume that blew up east of Pine Mountain Lake Airport.
Ten years from now a “college education” is going to look radically different from when I went to school. And I think that’s a good thing, especially when you consider the skyrocketing costs of “higher education” and the miserable job … Continue reading
In the last year or so, I’ve been working to reduce my computer inventory so that I spend less time administering things and more time actually using them. As part of that, Kathleen and I recently got new iPads (the … Continue reading
I’m happy to see that the vacuum created by O’Reilly Media dropping the annual MySQL Conference has been filled by the good people at Percona in the form of the Percona MySQL Conference, which is in Santa Clara from April 10-12th. I’ll … Continue reading
Reading There’s no shame in code that is simply “good enough” (and the discussion on hacker news), I find myself strongly agreeing. I have this system I built about 3 years ago at craigslist. Since then it has been extended … Continue reading
Shot just south of Morro Bay, California.