Last week we embarked on attempting to make our own honey wheat pizza crust. Much to our surprise, it came out very well on the first attempt!
So here’s what we used:
- 1 cup of warm water (110-115 degrees F)
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons of oilve oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 cup of regular flour
- 1 cup of wheat flour
And the process:
- mix the yeast and water in a large mixing bowl (or stand mixer) and let sit for a few minues
- mix in the regular (white) flour
- mix in the olive oil, honey, and wheat flour
- add additional flour if the dough is sticky
- set the dough aside to rise in an oiled bowl and cover with cotton towel
- after 1 hour (or when the dough has doubled in size), separate the dough into two halves and prepare as you normally would
A few more pictures are in my Making Honey Wheat Pizza album.
The next cooking post will be about the toppings on that pizza.