One of the great things about learning to cook is the plethora of good recipe web sites you can find. And while the recipes aren’t necessarily as good or in-depth as some cookbooks, they do have the benefits of user ratings, comments, and suggestions. Some of the better ones even have RSS feeds, so they’re easy to follow in Google Reader.
Here are a few I’m hoping to try out this Summer:
- Focaccia Bread with Rosemary – I made some last June and am curious to see how this turns out
- Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – this just sounds yummie and easy
- Kung Pao Chicken – I’ve always enjoyed it when eating out, so wold love to try it at home
- Savory Cherry Compote – it’s hard to convey how much I enjoy cherries in the summertime, so this is a “must try”
- Cherry Frozen Yogurt – see above!
- Grilled Tuna Kebabs – I’ve grilled Tuna a few times and keep wanting to make my own kebabs
- South Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce – sounds like a great addition to some grilling
Added to that is the fact that Kathleen called me a few days ago with the names of four new cookbooks to add to the Amazon wishlist. I guess there will be no reason not to use all our kitchen toys this season!
If I can remember to, I’ll try to come back to this post and update it with a few other recipe links I’ve come across and would love to try.
Oh, that reminds me… I should post pictures of our “garden” soon. We have lots of peppers, tomato plants, herbs, and more.